The Queens Picture House

0
0.0 rating
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
Excellent0%
Very good0%
Average0%
Poor0%
Terrible0%
0 Reviews
Profile

Numbers 47-49 South Road are located towards the beach end of the street and have remained empty since 2009. The premises were last occupied by Waterloo Furnishing Stores Ltd, the successor to Pearsons department store which opened in 1960. Until 22 August 1959, the premises had been the Queens cinema. Converted to show ‘talkies’ in 1930, the cinema was purpose built in 1913 as the Queens Picture House, opening its doors on 17 March 1913, with His Western Way, a silent black-and-white film, directed by Romaine Fielding.

Get Directions
Our Reviews No reviews yet, why not write one? Rate & Write a Review

WHAT'S ON

The British Musical Fireworks Championship
from to
September 2019
Farmaggedon
from to
November 2019 October 2019
BRICKLIVE
from to
October 2019

Join our mailing list - Stay up-to-date with the latest offers and events in Liverpool!

| Website designed & hosted by Cyberfrog Design