Leasowe Castle was originally built in 1593 by Ferdinand, 5th Earl of Derby, second heir to the English throne. Named “New Hall”, it consisted only of an octagonal tower. The door was about six feet above ground level, for security and protection from high tides; the walls were one metre thick.
Bidston Golf Club – 2.6 miles
Arrowe Park Golf Club – 3.3 miles
Liver Building – 4.6 miles
The Beatles Statue – 4.7 miles
Museum of Liverpool – 4.7 miles
Pier Head – 4.7 miles